Welcome to the website for the Advanced Design Laboratory of MEMS/NEMS (ADLMN) at the University of Alberta.
Our laboratory is currently located in 2-11 in the Mechanical Engineering building.
The laboratory is home to a highly motivated research group engaged in a series of projects that cover areas of applied multiphysics, computational analysis in Aerospace and Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS).
Some of the areas we specialize in include:
- Simulation of MEMS using substructuring.
- Health monitoring of metallic and composite material using embedded optical fibers (smart patches).
- Modeling of widespread fatigue in areospace and automotive structures.
- Smart materials/shape memory alloys.
- Simulation of the laser welding manufacturing process in aerospace and automotive structures.
- Modeling of widespread fatigue in aerospace and automotive structures.
Please feel free to visit the areas listed on the left for information on our facility and to read about our ongoing projects.