Welcome to the Advanced Design Laboratory of MEMS/NEMS (ADLMN) website.
Our laboratory is currently located in 2-11 in the Mechanical Engineering building.
The laboratory is home to a highly motivated research group engaged in a series of projects that cover areas of applied multi-physics, computational analysis in Aerospace and Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS).
Some of the areas we specialize in include:
- Simulation of MEMS using sub-structuring.
- Health monitoring of metallic and composite material using embedded optical fibres (smart patches).
- Modelling of widespread fatigue in airospace and automotive structures.
- Smart materials/shape memory alloys.
- Simulation of the laser welding manufacturing process in aerospace and automotive structures.
- Modelling of widespread fatigue in aerospace and automotive structures.
Please feel free to visit the areas listed on the left for information on our facility and to read about our ongoing projects.