Dr. Mohamed Al-Hussein has been recognized for his excellence in research and teaching through a number of awards. Recent honours and awards are listed below:
Recent Academic Awards
- 2014 Killam Annual Professorship, in recognition of outstanding teaching, research, publication, creative activities, and service to the community.
- 2013 Modular Building Institute (MBI) Modular Building Fellowship Award: in recognition of a thought leader, advocate, and researcher promoting modular construction.
- Honourable Mention in the 2013 Stephen G. Revay Award competition for submission entitled, “Risk identification and assessment of modular construction utilizing fuzzy analytic hierarchy process (AHP) and simulation.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 40(12), 1184-1195. Li, H. X., Al-Hussein, M., Lei, Z., and Ajweh, Z.
- Young Researchers’ Challenge 2013 (Marcus Wallenberg Foundation): Student selected, based on merit of research, to attend the 2013 ceremony for the prestigious Marcus Wallenberg Prize in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2012 International Society for Gerontechnology (ISG) world conference / International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC) Best Paper Award for submission entitled “Integrated approach for older adult friendly home staircase design.” Afifi, M., Parke, B., and Al-Hussein*, M. (2012)
- 2009 Construction Research Congress (CRC) Best Paper Award for submission entitled “Integrated module for mobile crane dynamic instability analysis and supporting system design.” Hasan, S., Al-Hussein, M., Hermann, U. H., and Safouhi, H. (2009)
- 2008 Emerald Group Publishing Inc.’s Outstanding Paper Award for submission entitled “Simulation Application for Resource Allocation in Facility Management Processes in Hospitals.” Sharma, V., Abel, J., Al-Hussein, M., Lennerts, K., and Pfründer, U. (2007). Facilities, 25(13/14).