Yichen’s areas of research interest include construction automation, 3D modelling, and the automation of the design process.
Yichen completed a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering and a Master of Science in Construction Engineering & Management at the University of Alberta. She has previous experience as a research assistant at the University of Alberta in a study encompassing surfactant influence on super-hydrophobic surfaces. Additionally, Yichen has strong working knowledge in several software programs, including SOLIDWORKS, CMG, Matlab and Accumap.
Currently, Yichen is participating in the Wood Framing Table Prototype project.
- Master of Science in Construction Engineering & Management (2019), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering (2016), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Tian, Y., Wang, J., Zhang, N., and Al-Hussein, M. “BIM-based automated drafting system in cabinet manufacturing.” Accepted (Sep., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, Construction Research Congress, Tempe, AZ, USA, Mar. 8–10, 2020.
- Zhang, N., Tian, Y., Wang, J., and Al-Hussein, M. “BIM-based automated drainage system design in prefabrication construction.” Accepted (Sep., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, Construction Research Congress, Tempe, AZ, USA, Mar. 8–10, 2020.
- Zhang, N., Tian, Y., and Al-Hussein M. (2019). “A case study for 3D modelling process analysis based on BIM log file.” Proceedings, 2019 Modular and Offsite Construction (MOC) Summit, Banff, Alberta, Canada, May 21–24, 2019, pp. 309–313.
- Wang, J., Yin, X., Tian, Y., Li, X., and Al-Hussein, M. (2018). “Simulation of production line improvements in panelised floor manufacturing.” Proceedings, 2018 European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, Budapest, Hungary, Sep. 17–19, pp. 157–164.