Fatima’s research focuses on optimizing production processes in modular construction by reducing different types of waste. She will work with an IRC industry partner on process improvements as she completes her studies in Construction Engineering and Management.
Fatima has a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering and a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the American University of Beirut. Fatima has experience in business analytics where her focus was on optimizing daily business operations related to inbound logistics, warehouse operations, office operations and customer service.
- Bachelor of Science, Construction Engineering (2016), American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Master of Civil Engineering (2018), American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Malaeb, Z., AlSakka, F., & Hamzeh, F. (2019). 3D Concrete Printing: Machine Design, Mix Proportioning, and Mix Comparison Between Different Machine Setups. In 3D Concrete Printing Technology (pp. 115–136). Butterworth-Heinemann.
- El Sakka, F., Assaad, J. J., Hamzeh, F. R., & Nakhoul, C. (2019). Thixotropy and interfacial bond strengths of polymer-modified printed mortars. Materials and Structures, 52(4), 79.
- Hamzeh, F., Zankoul, E., & El Sakka, F. (2016). Removing Constraints to Make Tasks Ready in Weekly Work Planning. Procedia Engineering, 164, 68–74.
- El Sakka, F., Senan, M., Abou Yassine, A, Hamzeh, F. (2018). Path Optimization in 3D Concrete Printing to Minimize Weak Bonds Formation. Accepted (2018) for publication in Periodica Polytechnica Architecture.
- Abou Yassin, A., Hamzeh, F. & Al Sakka, F. (2019). A Revolutionized Workflow for Industrial Robotic Steel and Concrete 3D Printers: An Agent Based Modeling Approach. Accepted (2019) for publication in Automation in Construction.
- El Sakka, F., Senan, M., Abou Yassine, A, Hamzeh, F. (2018). Optimizing 3D printing path to minimize the formation of weak bonds. In Proceedings, Creative Construction Conference, 30 June–3 July 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia. pp. 181–188
- El Sakka, F. & Hamzeh, F. 2017, '3d Concrete Printing in the Service of Lean Construction.' In: Proceedings, 25th Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction. Heraklion, Greece, 9–12 Jul 2017. pp. 781–788.
- Sakka, F., Eid, K., Narciss, T. & Hamzeh, F. 2016, 'Integrating Lean into Modular Construction: A Detailed Case Study of Company X. In Proceedings, 24th Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction. Boston, MA, USA, 20–22 Jul 2016.
- Abou Yassine, A, Hamzeh, F., Al Sakka, F., AlHussein, H. (2018). Simulating the Workflow of Industrial Robotic Steel and Concrete 3D Printers to Build Organic Shaped Structures. Proceedings, Creative Construction Conference, 30 June–3 July 2018, Ljubljana, Slovenia. pp. 90–97.