Hamid has over three years of work experience as a drafter, producing shop drawings on a variety of projects. He also has practical knowledge of parametric building modelling and BIM-based solutions. During his MSc, Hamid managed to combine the principles of design and engineering to create sustainable buildings. His MSc thesis presented the design of a hybrid ventilation system for residential buildings. This research led to the design of a parametric structure, which encompasses several features, including a kinetic façade that is responsive to thermal changes.
As a PhD student, Hamid applies design skills and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) systems to create blueprints for buildings and other structures. He is currently working with industry partner, Lafaete, a home manufacturer in South America, to provide improvement solutions for project developments and project delivery. His research also focuses on BIM application and its effectiveness in project delivery, project management, and lean implementation in the construction industry.
- Innovative tools to analyze the cost-effectiveness and resource-efficiency of designs throughout a building's lifecycle
- Building information modelling (BIM) to automate drafting/design process
- Building energy simulation techniques and optimization methods to achieve green buildings
- Productivity analysis of modular construction projects and improvement techniques through the use of project management techniques
Master of Science, Building and Architectural Engineering (2016), University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
- Bachelor of Science, Building Engineering (2012), University of Ardestan, Isfahan, Iran
Abaeian H., Madani R., and Bahramian A. (2016), “Ecosystem Biomimicry: A way to achieve thermal comfort in architecture”, International Journal of Human Capital in Urban Management, Volume 1, p 267-278, Human Resource Development Deputy, Tehran, Iran, DOI: 10.22034/IJHCUM.2016.04.004.
Abaeian, H., Madani,R., and Bahramian,A., (2017), “Natural Ventilation in Termite Mounds: A strategy for energy optimization in residential building in arid area", The 4th Conference on Environmental Planning and Management, 23-24 May 2017, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
Abaeian, H., Madani, R., and Bahramian, A (2016), “Follow the complex features of Natural structures for approach sustainable Architecture”, International Conference on Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Management and Environment in the Third Millennium, Rasht, Iran.