Jingwen's research interests include project planning and scheduling, construction operations optimization, general project management, 3D modelling, as well as production line improvement and ergonomic risk assessment in construction manufacturing.
Jingwen has an MSc in Water Resource Engineering as well as a BEng in Civil Engineering, which have provided her experience in modelling, process monitoring, data analysis, water resources management, and climate change studies.
Her current research involves production line improvement by implementing time study and lean methodology to assess the current productivity of operations at industry partner, Essence Cabinet Inc.'s, manufacturing facility, and eliminating the corresponding material waste during panel cutting operations in the manufacturing process.
- Master of Science, Water Resources Engineering (2014), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Bachelor of Engineering, Civil Engineering (2010), Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
- Bai, Y., Yang, Y., Wang, J. (2011). “Research of paleoenvironment and its impact on coastline evolvement in Bohai Bay.” Hydro-Science and Engineering, 4, 18–26.
- Scheeper, H., Wang, J., Kuo, C.C. and Gan, T.Y. (2018). “The impact of climate change on inland waterway transport: Effects of low water levels on the Mackenzie River.” Journal of Hydrology, 566, 285–298.
- Tian, Y., Wang, J., Zhang, N., and Al-Hussein, M. “BIM-based automated drafting system in cabinet manufacturing.” Accepted (Sep., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, Construction Research Congress, Tempe, AZ, USA, Mar. 8–10, 2020.
- Zhang, N., Tian, Y., Wang, J., and Al-Hussein, M. “BIM-based automated drainage system design in prefabrication construction.” Accepted (Sep., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, Construction Research Congress, Tempe, AZ, USA, Mar. 8–10, 2020.
- Wang, J., Yin, X., Tian, Y., Li, X., and Al-Hussein, M. (2018). “Simulation of production line improvements in panelised floor manufacturing.” Proceedings, European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, Budapest, Hungary, Sep. 17–19, pp. 157–164.
- Bai, Y., Wang, J., Yang, Y. (2011). “Research of paleoenvironment and its impact on coastline evolvement in Bohai Bay.” Proceedings, 8th National Conference on Sediment Theory Research, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China, November 12.