Regina graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture and Urbanism from the Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil, in 2013, and completed her MSc in construction engineering and management under Dr. Al-Hussein's supervision in December, 2016. Her research interests include energy-efficiency, daylighting, high performance buildings, sustainable buildings, and sustainable architecture design. Her MSc studies involved research in collaboration with the Product Development department at Civeo, a modular manufacturer with operations in Edmonton, as well as research with Landmark Group of Companies, a major Edmonton-based home builder using a panelized building approach. Her thesis research explored the impact of building codes on energy performance and construction cost for new housing by developing a methodology to identify least-construction-cost approaches to achieve higher energy-efficiency requirements of building codes. She is currently pursuing a doctoral degree under the supervision of Dr. Al-Hussein and Dr. Yuxiang Chen.
- Master of Science in Construction Engineering and Management (2017), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
- Bachelor of Architecture and Urbanism (2013), Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE), Recife, Brazil.
- Dias Barkokebas, R.C., Chen, Y., Yu, H., and Al-Hussein, M. “Achieving housing energy-efficiency requirements: Methodologies and impacts on housing construction cost and energy performance.” Accepted (Jul., 2019) for publication in Journal of Building Engineering.
- Hesaraki, B., Chen, Y., Dias Ferreira, R., and Al-Hussein, M. (2019). “Energy code compliant house design for lowest lifecycle cost based on market-available technologies.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 46, 308–321.
- Ritter, C., Dias Barkokebas, R., Li, X., Al-Hussein, M. “Integrated ergonomic and productivity analysis for process improvement of panelised floor manufacturing.” Accepted (Jun., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, International Conference on Modelling and Applied Simulation, Lisbon, Portugal, Sep. 18–20.
- Dias Barkokebas, R., Chen, Y., Yu, H., and Al-Hussein, M. “Energy code-compliant housing design: A cost and energy perspective.” Accepted (Mar., 2019) for publication in Proceedings, 7th CSCE International Construction Specialty Conference (jointly with Construction Research Congress), Laval, QC, Canada, Jun. 12–15, 2019.
- Dias Barkokebas, R., Ritter, C., Sirbu, V., Li, X., and Al-Hussein, M. (2019). “Application of virtual reality in task training in the construction manufacturing industry.” Proceedings, 2019 International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction (ISARC), Banff, Alberta, Canada, May 21–24, 2019, pp. 796–803.
- Chen, Y., Li, X., Dias Ferreria, R. C., Gül, M., Nikolaidis, I., and Ardakanian, O. (2018). “Evaluating and Improving the Energy Performance of School Buildings with a Proposed Real-Time Monitoring System.” SusTech 2018, 6th Annual IEEE Conf on Technologies for Sustainability, Nov. 11-13, Long Beach, CA, US.
- Barkokebas, B., Dias Ferreira, R. C., Secchi, L., Gül, M., and Al-Hussein, M. (2018). “Addressing the impact of industrialized components on the reduction of temporary heating cost in cold-climate regions.” Proceedings, 2018 Modular and Offsite Construction Summit, Hollywood, FL, USA, Mar. 22–25, 109–116.