Regina graduated with a Bachelor of Architecture and Urbanism from the Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil, in 2013, and completed her MSc in construction engineering and management under Dr. Al-Hussein's supervision in December, 2016. Her research interests include energy-efficiency, daylighting, high performance buildings, sustainable buildings, and sustainable architecture design. Her MSc studies involved research in collaboration with the Product Development department at Civeo, a modular manufacturer with operations in Edmonton, as well as research with Landmark Group of Companies, a major Edmonton-based home builder using a panelized building approach. Her thesis research explored the impact of building codes on energy performance and construction cost for new housing by developing a methodology to identify least-construction-cost approaches to achieve higher energy-efficiency requirements of building codes. She is currently pursuing a doctoral degree under the supervision of Dr. Al-Hussein and Dr. Yuxiang Chen.
- Master of Science in Construction Engineering and Management (2017), University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
- Bachelor of Architecture and Urbanism (2013), Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE), Recife, Brazil.
- Chen, Y., Li, X., Dias Ferreria, R. C., Gül, M., Nikolaidis, I., and Ardakanian, O. (2018). “Evaluating and Improving the Energy Performance of School Buildings with a Proposed Real-Time Monitoring System.” SusTech 2018, 6th Annual IEEE Conf on Technologies for Sustainability, Nov. 11-13, Long Beach, CA, US.
- Hesaraki, B., Chen, Y., Dias Ferreira, R., and Al-Hussein, M. (2019). “Energy code compliant house design for lowest lifecycle cost based on market-available technologies.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 46, 308–321.
- Barkokebas, B., Dias Ferreira, R. C., Secchi, L., Gül, M., and Al-Hussein, M. (2018). “Addressing the impact of industrialized components on the reduction of temporary heating cost in cold-climate regions.” Proceedings, 2018 Modular and Offsite Construction Summit, Hollywood, FL, USA, Mar. 22–25, 109–116.