Yuxuan (Sherie) is currently working on her PhD, investigating the use of building information modelling for decision support with respect to interior design. Her MSc thesis, entitled "User-centric VR-based single-family house interior design system", proposed a virtual reality and building information modelling (VR–BIM)-based interior design framework the purpose of which was to incorporate BIM into the interior design profession in order to efficiently and effectively implement user-centered design.
- Master of Science, Construction Engineering & Management, University of Alberta (2019), Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction Management, Jiangnan University (2012), Wuxi, Jiangsu, China
- Zhang, Y., Liu, H., Zhao, M., and Al-Hussein, M. (2019). “User-centered interior finishing material selection: An immersive virtual reality-based interactive approach.” Automation in Construction, 106, 102884.
- Chen, Y., Yin, X., Bouferguene, A., Zhang, Y., and Al-Hussein, M. (2019). “Accessibility-based location selection for building panelized housing for seniors.” Proceedings, 2019 Modular and Offsite Construction (MOC) Summit, Banff, Alberta, Canada, May 21–24, 2019, pp. 92–99.
- Zhang, Y., Liu, H., and Al-Hussein, M. (2018). “Recommender system for improving BIM efficiency: An interior finishing case study.” Proceedings, 2018 Construction Research Congress, pp. 22–32.