The EEC is piloting a new resume/cover letter and LinkedIn rapid review service for students and alumni from the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Alberta. This pilot project will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and modified as necessary - stay tuned for future updates on our service offerings!
To have your resume, cover letter, or LinkedIn profile reviewed, complete our Review Request form. You will be able to submit the following documents when completing the form:
- Electronic copies of your resume or cover letter (Word or Google Doc file format)
- PDF copy or screenshot(s) of the job posting your resume and/or cover letter has been customized for (required if requesting resume/cover letter review)
- LinkedIn Profile URL
Once your document or profile have been received, our Employment Coordinators will conduct a rapid review as their schedule permits. Following the review, the coordinator will connect with you through email or over the phone (method will be at the discretion of the coordinator) to provide feedback and suggestions.
Rapid Review Policies & Considerations
- Before submitting your document, please ensure that you incorporate the strategies outlined in our resume and cover letter resources (available in the Resource Vault). If it is evident that there has been no attempt to apply the best practices detailed on the handouts, you will be instructed to review the content and apply the principles before a coordinator will review your document.
- In order for the EEC to serve as many students as possible, you may only have ONE active request at a time. If you submit multiple review requests in a week, only the first request will be responded to. Additional requests will be deleted and not carried forward to the next week.
- Reviews will be conducted by the first available coordinator. We are unable to accommodate requests for a specific coordinator.
- Requests will be dealt with in the order they are received. We are unable to accommodate last-minute review requests.
- Response times are subject to Employment Coordinator availability. Our current response time is approximately 5 business days following receipt of your submission.
- Should demand for the rapid review service exceed coordinator capacity, outstanding requests will be carried over to the following week. You will be notified by email if your document review will be delayed.