The Faculty of Engineering allows and encourages engineering student to take minors. Calendar information about the minors can be found here. All information listed below is subject to change and the information in the calendar is always the primary source.
Students can take minors in three faculties: Arts, Science and the School of Business. Rules and regulations about minors are set by the offering faculties. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they meet the requirements of their engineering degree and that of the selected minor.
- currently completing all courses of academic terms 6 or above,
- who have not applied for convocation, and
- have a GPA of 3.0 or above,
can apply to a minor.
Please visit Student Services and speak to an Advisor with any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Students Services is located at 2-300 DICE, and advising hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 9-11, and Monday to Friday 1-3.
Minors available Fall 2017 or Winter 2018
Minors in Arts require 12 units or more. Student can complete a minor in Arts, if a student timetable permits, without an additional year. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they meet the requirements of their engineering degree and that of the selected minor.
The MATH minor requires the following courses and can be completed, if a student timetable permits, without an additional year.
- MATH 100 - Calculus I OR MATH 117 - Honors Calculus I
- MATH 101 - Calculus II OR MATH 118 - Honors Calculus II
- MATH 209 - Calculus III OR MATH 217 - Honors Advanced Calculus I
- MATH 102 - Applied Linear Algebra OR MATH 127 - Honors Linear Algebra I
- MATH 201 - Differential Equations
- MATH 225 - Linear Algebra II OR MATH 227 - Honors Linear Algebra II
- MATH 300 - Advanced Boundary Value Problems I OR MATH 337 - Introduction to Partial Differential Equations
- MATH 311 - Theory of Functions of a Complex Variable OR MATH 309 - Mathematical Methods for Electrical Engineers OR MATH 411 - Honors Complex Variables
- Students can apply for fall 2017 and Winter 2018.
Other Science minors
Students completing their engineering programs in Fall 2017 can apply to a Science minor, Math or other, with the exception of Computing Science, and for Winter 2018 as long as they meet the three above criteria.
The application form to apply for a Minor in Arts, Science, and Math is available at this link.
The deadline to apply for Fall 2017 is July 15, 2017.
The deadline to apply for Winter 2018 is November 15, 2017.
Students will be admitted as they apply and if they qualify.
Minors available Fall 2018 and thereafter
Students can apply to all minors in Science and Arts as described in the calendar, except Computing Science.
The deadline to apply for Science and Arts minors for Fall 2018 is July 15, 2018
The deadline to apply for Winter 2019 is November 15, 2018.
Students will be informed of their acceptance in their minor within a month of their application.
Minor in business
The minor in business is restricted to 20 students per year and is only offered with a Fall term start date.
Information about the minor is found in this document.
The application form to apply to a minor in business is available at this link.
The deadline to apply for the Business Minor for Fall 2018 is Oct 1, 2017. Students will be informed of the decision by October 20, 2017.