Are you interested in learning a little more about the world while you earn your engineering degree? The University and the Faculty of Engineering have formal exchange agreements across Canada and around the world. The Faculty has established the following eligibility guidelines for students going on exchanges.
- Students must complete the second year of their specialized program before going on an exchange.
- Students must meet the following cumulative GPA requirements. Cumulative GPAs will be calculated over the last four academic terms.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA for Canadian universities: Ecole Polytechnique 3.3, other schools 3.0.
- Minimum Cumulative GPA for foreign universities: 3.3.
- For students currently in second year, final approval for an exchange cannot be given until the grades are available from the Winter term.
Once you have met the eligibility guidelines please consult with the Dean’s Office, Associate Dean (Student & Co-op Services), to apply to participate in an exchange program.
Students interested in exchanges should contact the International Centre, 172 HUB Mall. Financial support opportunities are available through Education Abroad Individual Award.
Students in the Engineering Co-op program also have the opportunity to travel and learn internationally by accepting international Co-op placements.
Short courses available for extra to degree credits:
- Globex short courses at Pekin University (full list course summary for summer 2018). All Globex courses will be vetted by the faculty; students must receive approval from the faculty prior to registering to any course.