All students are visited or phoned at the job site by a coordinator at least once during a 4 or 8 month work term. During the interim onsite evaluation, your coordinator will complete an evaluation form documenting your title, location, supervisor and the tasks you are performing in consultation with your supervisor. Your coordinator will discuss the evaluation form with you. It should provide you with good feedback as to how well you are doing.
Purpose Of The Work Term Evaluation:
- Enhance the Department’s understanding of the actual duties of the student and of the work environment.
- Familiarize the supervisor with our evaluation process, and receive information regarding your performance on the job.
- Evaluate the usefulness and success of the placement.
- Encourage the supervisor to make continued use of the co-op program.
- Offer assistance to the student and/or the supervisor with any aspect of the placement.
- Discuss with the student his or her learning opportunities and professional development in the work environment.
- Assist the student in the further clarification of his or her career objectives in light of the experience of the placement.
- Allow the student the opportunity to express his or her feelings regarding the job.
In some circumstances, the staff of the Department will undertake a second visit within a single workterm when:
- A student's duties change radically during a work term.
- A student requests and justifies the need for a second visit.
- A supervisor requests the need for a second visit.
- A placement is, in the judgment of the Department, less than acceptable.