As an applicant to the Faculty of Engineering you must check your U of A email account and the Bear Tracks online student portal frequently—these are the official channels of communication between the University and you. Applicants should also check their "To Do List" in Bear Tracks to ensure that all important documents required in the application process are received at the U of A.
Key Points Regarding Electronic Communications:
- All students and applicants are assigned a University of Alberta Campus Computing ID (CCID) with email privileges. The CCID@ualberta.ca email address originally assigned by the University is the email address to which communications will be sent.
- Check your email at least once a week.
- See the Academic Information and Communication Technologies (AICT) for detailed information on CCIDs, conditions of use and related privileges.
- You must advise AICT immediately of any problems encountered with University email accounts by contacting the Help Desk or calling 780.492.9400.
- We recommend that you do not forward your University directed email to other non-University email addresses such as those provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Shaw, Telus, etc. You could miss important communications that may affect your University career.
- Failure to receive or read University communications sent to the University email address in a timely manner does not absolve students and applicants from knowing, responding to or complying with the content of that communication.