Apply to work with hazardous substances

Depending on the materials you plan to work with, various permitting, registration, and approval processes apply:

For work with chemicals

For work with biohazards

For work with radioisotopes, lasers or x-ray equipment

The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) requires anyone working with radioisotopes or radiation-emitting equipment to hold a permit, issued by their institution.

A new EHS database is under construction. In 2017, all researchers that work with hazardous materials will register with EHS.