The Directors Education Program, jointly developed by the Institute of Corporate Directors and the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, is the most definitive course of study for board directors in Canada. It is the first step in attaining the ICD.D designation granted by the Institute of Corporate Directors, the professional body representing the director community in Canada.
Structured as four 3-day modules, this program connects you to an extended network of leading directors who are bringing better governance to Canada and the business community. In your quest to be a better director, clarify your mission and fully exercise your Director potential.
This highly interactive 12-day program incorporates roundtable discussions, real-time case studies and on-point insights from leading academic thinkers, experts in the field of board behaviours and guest executives. You will be better equipped to:
- Explore fundamental board tasks and processes including director legal duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee strategic decisions.
- Manage group dynamics, communication and decision-making in the boardroom.
- Understand the board's responsibility to oversee and monitor financial performance, health and disclosure.
- Effectively organize and run audit committees.
- Improve personal effectiveness in context of the board meeting.
- Enhance human performance as part of a board, including the appointment, evaluation, compensation and renewal of the executive team.
- Improve board effectiveness through board selection, director skill development and director evaluation.
- Understand the issues influencing your organization, including mergers and acquisitions and technology investment.
Who Should Attend
- Board directors of public, private or not-for-profit organizations