This 1-day course is part of the 3-day Advanced Leadership Series. While the course is designed to be independent in nature, please consider whether maximum value can be obtained by taking it as part of the broader series.
We take for granted the importance of IQ in our working day, it’s a given, it’s a door opener to leadership and career success. However, EQ or EI is increasingly the differentiator in those leaders who excel. Emotional Intelligence is defined as: A set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.”
Why is EI so important? It has been proven to be a key success factor for leaders who develop their awareness, skills and competencies in this area. And yes, EQ is learnable and can be developed. Perhaps more importantly, current research supports that leaders can derail their careers if they don’t develop skills in EQ critical areas such as: relationship building and self-management during stressful or changing times. Complete the newly researched EQ-i2.0 assessment and receive valuable takeaways and a toolkit to put your insights into practical, targeted action.
- Develop a practical understanding of what Emotional Intelligence is and its value to your optimum life and leadership development
- Learn key leadership derailers and assess your own development path
- Complete the EQi V2 online report to examine your emotional and social functioning in the key areas of: self-perception, self-expression, interpersonal skills, decision-making and stress management
- Utilize your assessment to celebrate personal strengths and identify opportunities for change
- Develop a personal EQ-in-Action Plan resulting in demonstrable and measurable change using numerous resources you will receive during the day
Who Should Attend?
Those who recognize the value of relationships as a cornerstone for success and are interested in enhancing their interpersonal skill set.
Laurie has been teaching with University of Alberta's Executive Education for a number of years. Specializing in all areas of leadership development, Laurie has a particular passion in the areas of: organizational culture, executive coaching, change leadership, emotional intelligence, team effectiveness and succession challenges related to building a viable, diverse and engaged workplace for the future.
With a well-earned reputation as an interactive facilitator and coach, Laurie blends her practical, workplace experience with academic quests, bringing with her an ability to create a dynamic, positive learning environment. She is an accomplished writer on the topics of Leadership and Emotional Intelligence and has consulted to organizations in the public sector, private enterprise and not-for-profit.