Executive Education at the University of Alberta has a long history developing organizational leaders through relevant and impactful programs that drive transformation and growth. We are excited to announce our NEW Executive Education Program: The Leader Lab.
Overview | Program Highlights | Who Should Attend | Instructor
The Leader Lab is designed for young professionals and emerging leaders who want to accelerate their professional growth. Participants learn leadership fundamentals, apply them through experimentation and leave with the confidence and plan needed to have greater impact at work.
This hybrid program requires only 3 days away from the office with the remainder being completed through an interactive online platform over the 12-week development journey
Back to Top
What’s in it for me?
- Develop your professional identity with enhanced self-awareness and emotional intelligence (EQ).
- Create a personalized leadership approach for you and your work, a plan for tangible impact, and new tools to make it all happen.
- Enhance your ability to work in a team and support the learning of others.
What’s in it for my organization?
- Improved leadership ability in those who have growing responsibilities but have little formal leadership or management training.
- Increased engagement from individual contributors and emerging leaders - an important group in the success of any organization.
- Employees who emerge with a sense of direction for themselves and their organization, and a plan for having an immediate impact.
The Leader Lab provides all of this at an affordable cost of $1800 per person or $7,500 for a team of five.
This program is also available for the Canada Alberta Job Grant which can cover up to 2/3 of the total training costs up to a maximum of $10,000.00 per Trainee per fiscal year and $300,000.00 per organization per fiscal year).
Back to Top
- This program is for young professionals and new leaders
- Young professionals who have growing responsibilities but have little formal leadership or management training
- New leaders who want to grow through enhanced EQ and self-awareness
Tyler Waye is a leadership strategist who has spent the last decade investigating the emerging patterns of work that shape our careers and organizations. He is President of IN.FORM, where he works to drive leadership inspired change, across numerous platforms. He is co-founder of YoungLeaders.World, a multi-national youth leadership organization that works directly with thousands across the globe.
As author of the book “I Went to School That Long for This?!” Tyler’s work is increasingly focused on helping organizations develop the next generation of leaders and employees. His bold and progressive thought leadership has made him a beacon for the emerging workforce and forward thinking organizations.
Tyler is a regular contributor in media, continually featured on TV, radio and in leading publications. Tyler has done speaking engagements around the world, ranging from stadium keynotes, to lectures at world leading universities, to close-door strategy sessions with high powered boards. He has held management positions with several leading organizations and is internationally published on topics related to emerging leadership, workforce activation, career design and employee engagement.
Tyler also has a Master of Arts degree in Leadership, was recently named Top 40 Under 40 by Avenue magazine, and is an instructor with Executive Education at the University of Alberta.
Back to Top