The Leadership Development Program takes you through key concepts of effective leadership, offering you a practical toolkit of leadership strategies.
The program leverages learning, experience and relationship building to deliver a highly integrated, project-based leadership development program, which explores the demands of leadership and the skills that are required to lead effectively. You will leave empowered to have a greater impact on your organization.
- Develop leadership competencies.
- Increase your understanding of the key roles, responsibilities, and functions of a supervisor.
- Develop the skills and attitudes required to effectively supervise and lead others.
- Execute a personal or workplace leadership project that will provide an opportunity for transfer of learning.
- Demonstrate application of concepts learned in the program by analyzing case studies and presenting real-life solutions to scenarios.
- Work collaboratively with peers to solve problems and present findings. Demonstrate accountability in personal and workplace situations and foster accountability in team members.
Who should attend?
- Current and emerging leaders with up to five years of experience.
- Supervisors, managers, group leaders and team leaders who have little formal training in effectively leading the work of others.
- High-potential employees who may be assuming supervisory responsibilities in the near future.
- Non-supervisory personnel wishing to learn more about supervisory duties and responsibilities to enhance their career prospects.
- Experienced leaders and supervisors who are interested in updating their leadership skills and practices appropriate to the demands of today’s workplace.
Wendy has been teaching with University of Alberta's Executive Education for a number of years. Training development and delivery has been Wendy’s main focus for over two decades. Moving from the private sector into consulting, Wendy has worked with clients in such diverse fields as nursing, banking, engineering, health care, home building, energy sector and various levels of government. She is a Certified Executive Coach and has received training and certification in the following tools and assessments: DiSC, True Colors, Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step I, Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step II, and Strength Deployment Inventory.
Kim is an educator and manager with more than 20 years experience in training delivery. Kim has delivered hundreds of training sessions in a variety of topic areas including leadership, effective communication, teambuilding, conflict management, time and life management, supervisory skills, instructional design, and train-the-trainer. Kim holds a Certified Executive Coach (CEC) designation from Royal Roads University in Victoria and is a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF). She also possesses several facilitation and international training program certifications, and is a certified MBTI, SDI and DiSC practitioner.
Due to the collaborative nature of each cohort in the Leadership Development Program, all modules must be completed in order to receive the certificate. Make-up days in a different session are unavailable if a module is missed.