Overview | Program Highlights | Program Schedule | Who Should Attend | Instructor
Success in today's business world requires a strong ability to lead. At all levels, leaders are responsible for building and developing a results-based culture designed to advance organizational objectives while simultaneously engaging people.
The Leading Series sessions will provide you with a grounded approach to leadership. Through a combination of new experiences, thoughtful reflection, the examination of powerful concepts and the effective application of tools, you will take away new insights and practical knowledge in how you approach leadership in your organization.
Each one-day session has been designed for a broad range of learners. Whether you are new to a leadership role or looking to refresh your skills, you will learn new approaches and refine your leadership abilities. The sessions also apply to those who do not have direct reports but who need to influence others.
- Leading From Self - You will learn key insights about your unique leadership style and identify personal development opportunities.
- Leading Others - You will acquire key insights about how to coach and develop others to build an engaged workplace.
- Leading Within Organizations - You will learn the Situational Coaching framework to support you leading within the culture of your team/project or organization.
- Leading Through Conflict - You will better understand your natural conflict style and personal underlying values when in conflict situations.
Each session within the Leading Series builds upon the knowledge gained in the previous session. While sessions are independent in nature, maximum value can be obtained by taking all four sessions in succession.
- You are a mid-level supervisor/manager (or are transitioning from a technical leader) who has some experience leading within your organization OR
- Interested in further developing effective leadership skills
Laurie has been teaching with University of Alberta's Executive Education for a number of years. Specializing in all areas of leadership development, she has a particular passion in the areas of: organizational culture, executive coaching, change leadership, emotional intelligence, team effectiveness and succession challenges related to building a viable, diverse and engaged workplace for the future.
With a well-earned reputation as an interactive facilitator and coach, Laurie blends her practical, workplace experience with academic quests, bringing with her an ability to create a dynamic, positive learning environment. She is an accomplished writer on the topics of Leadership and Emotional Intelligence and has consulted to organizations in the public sector, private enterprise and not-for-profit.
Back to Top