Fees include all program materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
| Start Date
| Nov 21, 2017
|| 1 day
|| $750 +GST
| Mar 22, 2018
|| 1 day
| $750 +GST
| Apr 26, 2018
| 1 day
| $750 +GST
Many people avoid conflict. Sometimes that is a healthy choice, other times avoidance only prolongs the issues or concerns that have gone underground. Learn your natural conflict resolution style and how to celebrate your positive approaches and learn how to mitigate those methods that are not working for you.
The session is important for you if you want to get better at dealing with conflict whether at an individual, team or organizational level.
- Complete a conflict inventory which examines your underlying values, motivators and beliefs about conflict;
- Understand the underlying sources of conflict;
- Connect emotional intelligence learning to “trigger” situations;
- Learn ways to not avoid conflict by working through situations that cause you concern using some inspiring and practical tools;
- Practice applying various conflict tools and methods to support real life situations.
It is recommended you come to the session willing to work an “issue” so that tools can be applied immediately with some sense of resolution and learning.
Laurie Hillis has been teaching with University of Alberta's Executive Education for a number of years. Specializing in all areas of leadership development, she has a particular passion in the areas of: organizational culture, executive coaching, change leadership, emotional intelligence, team effectiveness and succession challenges related to building a viable, diverse and engaged workplace for the future.
With a well-earned reputation as an interactive facilitator and coach, Laurie blends her practical, workplace experience with academic quests, bringing with her an ability to create a dynamic, positive learning environment. She is an accomplished writer on the topics of Leadership and Emotional Intelligence and has consulted to organizations in the public sector, private enterprise and not-for-profit.