Overview | Program Highlights | Program Schedule | Who Should Attend
The Management Essentials Program (MEP) has been designed to provide a rich but concise survey of graduate level business courses. Key themes found in UAlberta's internationally-ranked MBA program are the basis for each course. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Examine and discuss current research and theories.
- Apply concepts to case studies and situations from today’s business environment.
- Be eligible for up to 3 credits to be applied to the Alberta MBA degree program.
- Explore Leadership and Strategy Development, Financial Development, Business and Operations Development, Business Development and Special Topics that are important in business today.
- Utilize a variety of tools to address the subject matter, including guest speakers, case studies, assessment tools and Harvard Business Simulations.
- Increase your knowledge on a variety of business topics.
- Take the tools provided, and new ways of thinking, enabling you to make better tactical and strategic decisions in your organization.
- Gain an expanded network of contacts, enhanced skills for meeting challenges head-on and a new perspective for advancing your business within the marketplace.
- Immediately integrate the learnings into the work place while benefiting from the support network of the program participants.
- You are a manager or leader wanting to increase your business skills and build your business knowledge.
- You have a minimum of two years experience with a public or private sector organization.
- You are interested in exploring the topic areas associated with the Alberta MBA