Below is a brief overview of Dr. Jones's current research interests and activities. Further information can be found on his Research Gate profile page.
Scholarly Areas of Research:
- Social Constructionism and Actor Network Theory
- Sociology of Risk and the Environment
- Urban and Cultural Geography
- Public Engagement and Participatory Governance
- Institutional Adaptation and Policy Change
Current Research Projects:
- A study of intangible urban heritage, place-making and urban citizenship (with R. Shields).
- Climate change and institutional adaptation in Western Canada's forest sector (with D. Davidson).
- Community leadership mapping and capacity building in urban engagement (with M. Beckie and R. McMahon).
- Governance adaptations within Canada's resource dependent communities (with K. Van Assche).
Primary Research Methodologies:
- Mixed qualitative research methods, including interview, focus group and ethnographic approaches.
- Publicly engaged research and participatory action research.
- Thematic discourse analysis.