All students at the University of Alberta value their alma mater. That’s why we now recognize University of Alberta Faculty of Extension
Certificate holders as Associate Alumni.
Who is defined as an Associate Alum?
Certificate holders – Those University of Alberta students who have completed a certificate program through the Faculty of Extension.
To honour the achievement of certificate holders, the Alumni Association is extending the following benefits to Associate Alumni:
- Apply to a Faculty of Extension program of your choice, identify yourself as a UAlberta Associate Alum, and the $100 program application fee will be waived (details).
- Eligibility for Alumni Professional Development Grants: up to 75% ($1,000 maximum) of the registration fee for any Extension course that contributes to your professional development or career growth goals.
- A digital copy of New Trail Magazine (three times annually), E-Trail Electronic Magazine (monthly) and other communications from the Alumni Association.
- A connection to lifelong learning programs and U of A research.
- Discounts with select affinity partners.
- Access to exclusive alumni travel programs.
- Inclusion in student mentorship programs.
- Networking / business connections.
- Invitations to university events, including alumni functions that keep you connected to past classmates and friends.
- The Alumni ONEcard – discounted access to recreation and libraries.
- Discounts on tickets to events at the Jubilee Auditorium.
- Information regarding how you can support the University of Alberta through your advocacy, volunteerism and/or financial support.