Four of our courses can be applied as electives toward a Citation in Community Engagement: Digital Storytelling and Narrative (EXSM 3989), Effective Social Media Communication (EXSM 3988), Fundamentals of Social Media (EXSM 5510), and Evaluating Trends in Social Media (EXSM 3991).
Qualifications & Admission
Enrolling in the program is a requirement if you want to earn the citation. You may apply for admission as you start your studies or, if you prefer, after you have taken one or more courses.
To enrol, you must have a high school diploma (minimum 100 credits) or equivalent. If you attended a high school in Alberta, transcripts may be ordered from Alberta Education at 780.427.5732; if you attended high school outside of Alberta, contact the provincial department of education.
You are still invited to apply if you do not meet the admission requirements. Your qualifications will be reviewed, and conditional entrance may be granted. For details, please contact the program office at 780-492-1185.
This program is currently open for enrolment—apply now!
THREE EASY STEPS TO APPLY
- Click on the ‘Apply now’ button below to download the Application for Program Admission form.
- Obtain an official transcript of your previous studies (high school OR post-secondary education).
- Submit your completed application, along with the transcript and a $100 admission fee.
Tuition & Fees
- A one-time application fee of $100 is required for admission into the program.
- Tuition is paid on a course-by-course basis as you register for your classes.
- Materials and textbooks are not included in course fees.
You can register for a course without enrolling in the program. If later you decide to apply for the full program, the course(s) you’ve taken will be applied toward your citation.
This program includes online courses, blended learning courses, and courses taught in the traditional classroom format. Blended learning courses combine online activities with a few in-person class meetings. Access to the online component is provided through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
Traditional face-to-face classes are held at Enterprise Square, downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
Register online or by phone at 780-492-3116 (toll-free 1-800-808-4784). You may also register by mail, fax, or in person.
printer-friendly PDF format.
Course schedules are also available in
Time of Day
Time of Day
Time of Day