The Sun Life Member Services site, my Sun Life, makes it easy for you to access the benefits information you need to make claims for expenses covered by your plan. In order to access the website, you require an Access ID and password.
Sign up to access my Sun Life:
If you have submitted a paper claim in the past you will be able to register both online and over the phone. If you have never submitted a paper claim before you will need to register by phone. You'll need your Employee ID # and University contract number 25379 for both online and over the phone registration.
To register online:
- Go to www.mysunlife.ca and enter your access ID and password.
- Haven't got an access ID? Click Register now and follow the steps provided.
To register by phone:
- Call the Sun Life customer care centre at 1-800-361-6212 to request your access ID and password; you’ll need your employee ID # and the University contract number of 25379
- your access ID will be determined and a Sun Life Representative will help you navigate to the sign in page to set up
a password; once this is complete, you can begin accessing your benefits
- after you have logged on at www.sunlife.ca, under the click on Benefits Centre under the“Take me to” menu on the right hand side, select “Print drug card” to print your personalized Sun Life benefits card; this card is accepted for direct billing by most pharmacies, dental offices
and other providers
- under the “Take me to” menu, select “Print travel card” to print your personalized travel card
Please note: Pension & Benefit Advisory Services staff cannot assist you with forgotten Access IDs or passwords. Please contact Sun Life for assistance if needed.
On my Sun Life you can:
- Submit most claims (dental, vision, paramedical) online for instant processing
- Sign up for direct deposit to have claims payments deposited into your bank account in 24 to 48 hours.
- View your claims statement and all your claims history online
- Check what you're covered for -- down to every drug, medical expense, and dental procedures
- See when you are eligible for your next pair of eyeglasses or dental check-up
- Find out the outstanding balance in your Health Spending Account
- Find out the outstanding balance in your Personal Spending Account (Support Staff only)
- Print an all-in-one coverage card for your wallet
- Update your personal information on the site, such as your address, telephone number, e-mail address and password
- Download personalized medical and dental claims forms
my Sun Life Mobile
The my Sun Life Mobile app gives you tools to manage your benefit plan from your mobile device, including instant claims processing and savings tools and access to your drug and travel cards. View the Getting Started with my Sun Life Mobile document or visit the my Sun Life Mobile website to access the app.