Personal Fitness Training
With today’s hectic lifestyles, finding time to stay fit and active can be a challenge. Therefore, maximizing your efforts and time are essential. Consulting a personal trainer is an excellent opportunity to assist you in reaching your fitness goals.
U of A faculty and staff members can access 2 hours of personal fitness consultation at no cost. Please access the Fitness Consultation Service overview for more information. To make an appointment with a trainer, contact our Assistance Program provider, Homewood Health.
Do you have concerns about your nutrition? Does your busy schedule cause you to make poor nutritional choices? Are you concerned about your weight, cholesterol levels, heart health or diabetes?
You are eligible to access up to two hours of personalized nutritional education, at no cost, with a Dietitian/Nutritionist who can:
- assess your current situation
- make recommendations
- assist in building an action plan
- menu planning ideas
Access a the Nutritional Counselling service overview to learn more.To arrange an appointment with a Dietitian/Nutritionist, contact our Assistance Program provider, Homewood Health.
Lifestyle Enhancement Program
- Recognize that your lifestyle needs to change but you are not sure how to go about making that change?
- Need expert advice on ensuring lasting change to personal habits?
- Want to have a zest for life and energy for the activities you enjoy?
- Simply want to achieve your goals and build your self-esteem?
The Lifestyle Enhancement Program is a unique program designed to engage participants in developing new ways of thinking and working through behavioural changes.The self-directed on-line program offers a comprehensive approach to lifestyle change, while ensuring you have the support of experts to provide advice on nutrition, health risk assessment and personal training over the course of 12 weeks.
Learn healthy eating habits
- Reconnect with yourself through fitness and increase your energy level
- Obtain the support of health professionals to help you stay committed to your health plan
If you would like to enroll in the on-line program, please contact the EFAP.
12 Weeks is a self-directed program that provides you with up to 3 hours of coaching over a 12 week period supplemented with a comprehensive workbook, assessment tool, stress map and 21-day planner. Participants can also access the services of a nutritionist and a personal trainer. Please access the program overview to learn more.