One full year has passed! You've learned so much about your position, the University community and your co-workers! Take the time now to reflect on your experience and accomplishments.
Observe the milestone and look to the future
- Review the first year; celebrate successes with recognition of contribution. Possible additional speaking points include:
- Is the job what you expected? How or how not?
- Are you having enough opportunity to learn and grow?
- Are you running into any hindrances to your productivity? What are they and how do they affect you?
- What’s the best thing that’s happened to you here this year?
- Do you feel you have been recognized for your contributions? How do you like to be recognized?
- What suggestions for improvements do you have?
- Discuss career development and plans for the future
- Identify professional development opportunities
Consider becoming a mentor or buddy