The University of Alberta is pleased to announce the Annual Recognition Award designed to recognize outstanding Administrative Professional Officers (APOs), Excluded Management and Professional Staff (MAPS), Librarians and Faculty Service Officers (FSOs) for the extraordinary contributions they make to the University.
On behalf of the President and Vice-Presidents, we invite you to participate by nominating an individual who has demonstrated an energetic commitment towards the continued success of the University of Alberta.
Nominees must be:
- Employed for 12 consecutive months on either a full time or part time basis in a designated position (i.e. APO, MAPS, FSO or Librarian)
- Nominated by two University staff members
- Meet the Fundamental Criteria for the award.
Individuals can nominate APOs, MAPS, FSOs and Librarians from within or outside their own Faculty/Department or Administrative Unit. A maximum of three awards will be presented each year.
Nominations for the awards will be reviewed by a selection committee. The committee will be chaired by Organizational Development, Equity and Health. Candidates will be recommended to the Vice-President (Finance & Administration) by the selection committee and formally recognized for their contributions at the Celebration of Service in the fall.
Note: Please attach a summary of accomplishments such as a vitae or letters of appreciation if applicable.
Fundamental criteria that must be met include:
Contributes to a positive culture within Faculty, Department or Administrative Unit
- interacts with co-workers and colleagues (students) in a positive, responsive and pleasant manner
- exhibits high levels of energy and commitment to Faculty, Department or Administrative Unit
- suggests creative ways to resolve problematic situations
- retains a sense of humour in any situation
- recognizes others, either publicly or privately for their accomplishments and contributions
Brings the “best” of themselves to the performance of position responsibilities on a regular basis
- consistent high level of performance in their regular position responsibilities
- exhibits superior organizational and leadership skills, minimizes delays and assures timely follow up
- continually strives for excellence
- motivated to continually enhance skills and quality of work
- demonstrates responsibility for decisions and actions
- awareness of organizational issues and proactively responds to emerging issues and administrative changes
Outstanding ambassador for the University of Alberta
- enjoys working at and speaks highly of the University of Alberta
- exhibits pride in both their position responsibilities and their Faculty/Department or Administrative Unit
- enhances the image of the University through interactions with others
- involves themselves and is aware of Campus initiatives like Corporate Challenge, United Way, Student Orientation, etc.
- strives to further the mission, vision and values of the University through their daily interactions
Other important factors that will be considered include:
The information listed above provides an outline of the criteria for the award. The Selection Committee is looking to gain an understanding of who the nominee is through the nomination. Successful submissions will be chosen from those nominations that articulate how the nominee meets and exceeds the criteria through examples and personal stories.