Alberta School of Business
- “Costly Arbitrage and Idiosyncratic Risk: Evidence from Short Sellers.” (with Gang Hu and R. David McLean), 2010, Journal of Financial Intermediation, 19, 564-579
- “The Role of Mutual Funds in Corporate Governance: Evidence from Mutual Funds Proxy Voting and Trading Behavior.” (with Yawen Jiao) (R&R at the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis)
- Public market staging: the timing of periodic capital infusions to newly public firms (with M. Hertzel and R. Parrino), Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 106, No. 1, 2012.
- Compensation Committees' Treatment of Earnings Components in CEO's Terminal Years, (with Yao Tian, Christine Wiedman, and Heather Wier), Accounting Review, Vol. 87, No. 1, 2012.
- Managerial succession and firm performance, (with Paul Malatesta and Robert Parrino), Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 74, No. 2, 237-275.
- The Year-End Trading Activities of Institutonal Investors: Evidence from Daily Trades with Gang Hu, Jeffrey Pontiff, and Qinghai Wang, Review of Financial Studies, Forthcoming
- The Business Cycle, Investor Sentiment, and Costly External Finance, with Mengxin Zhao, Journal of Finance, Forthcoming
- Why Does the Law Matter? Investor Protection and its Effect on Investment, Finance, and Growth, 2012, with Tianyu Zhang and Mengxin Zhao, Journal of Finance LXVII, 313-350.
- Fooled by Compounding, 2012, Journal of Portfolio Management 38 Winter, 108-116.
- Share Issuance and Cash Savings, 2011, Journal of Financial Economics 99, 693-715.
- Idiosyncratic Risk, Long-Term Reversal, and Momentum, 2010, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 45, 883-906.
- Costly Arbitrage and Idiosyncratic Risk: Evidence from Short Sellers, 2010, with Ying Duan and Gang Hu,Journal of Financial Intermediation 19, 564-579.
- Adoptive Expectations: Rising Sons in Japanese Family Firms, with Randall Morck, Jungwook Shim, and Yupana Wiwattanakantang. Forthcoming, Journal of Financial Economics, 2012.
- Why are shareholders not paid to give up their voting privileges? Unique evidence from Italy, with Marco Bigelli and Raghu Rau. Journal of Corporate Finance, 2011.
- Must Love Kill the Family Firm? with Randall Morck, Jungwook Shim, and Yupana Wiwattanakantang, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 2011.
- Creditor-Focused Corporate Governance: Evidence from Mergers and Acquisitions in Japan, with Dimitri van Schaik, Jaap Spronk and Onno Steenbeek. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2011.
- Angel Agents: What We Can (and Cannot) Learn From Pierre Lefaucheux’s Stewardship of Regie Renault. Academy of Management Perspectives, 2011.
- Restructuring and performance among Japanese firms after prudential policy reform, with Dick Beason, Ken Gordon and Akiko Watanabe. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business, 2010.
- Invited chapter on Entrepreneurship and the Family Firm in the Handbook of Finance (edited by Professor Rene Stulz) co-written by Randall Morck, 2012.
- Restructuring and returns in Japan, 2000-2001. By Dick Beason, Ken Gordon, Vikas Mehrotra and Akiko Watanabe, in The Age of Globalization, Carin Holroyd and Ken Coates, editors, Routledge Comtemporary Japan Series, 2011.
- R2 and the Economy. Morck, Randall, Bernard Yeung & Wayne Yu. 2013.Annual Review of Financial Economics4(2)143-166.
- Capitalizing China. Fan, Joseph, Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung. 2012. In Joseph Fan & Randall Morck, eds.Capitalizing China, c. 1. University of Chicago Press and National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Adoptive Expectations: Rising Sons in Japanese Family Firms. Mehrotra, Vikas, Randall Morck, Jungwook Shim & Yupana Wiwattanakantang. 2012. Journal of Financial Economics, forthcoming.
- Agency Problems and the Fate of Capitalism. Morck, Randall & Bernard Yeung. 2012. In Dennis Mueller, ed.Oxford Handbook of Capitalism, c. 12. Oxford University Press.
- Finance and Governance in Developing Economics. Morck, Randall. 2011.Annual Review of Financial Economics3(Dec.)375-406
- Economics, History, and Causation. Morck, Randall & Bernard Yeung. 2011. Business History Review 85 : pp 39-63
- The Shanxi Banks. Morck, Randall & Fan Yang. 2011. In Jonathan Koppell, ed. Origins of Shareholder Advocacy, c. 5. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Must Love Kill the Family Firm? Mehrotra, Vikas, Randall Morck, Jungwook Shim & Yupana Wiwattanakantang. 2010. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice 36(6)1121-48.
- Corporatism and the Ghost of the Third Way. Morck, Randall & Bernard Yeung. 2010. Capitalism and Society5(3) article 2.
- Increased Heterogeneity among U.S. Firms: Facts and Implications. Chun, Hyunbae, Jung-Wook Kim & Randall Morck. 2010. Review of Economics & Statistics 93(3).
- Banking System Control, Capital Allocation, and Economy Performance. Morck, Randall, M. Deniz Yavuz & Bernard Yeung. 2010. Journal of Financial Economics 58(1-2):261–300
- Loyalty, Agency Conflicts and Corporate Governance. Morck, Randall. 2010. In H. Kent Baker & John R. Nofsinger, eds. Behavioural Corporate Governance. John Wiley & Sons, 453-474.
- Can Analysts Analyze Mergers? with Hassan Tehranian, Boston College, and Julie L. Zhu, forthcoming at Management Science
- The Business Cycle, Investor Sentiment, and Costly External Finance Forthcoming at Journal of Finance with R. David McLean.
- The IPO of Industrial & Commercial Bank of China and the 'Chinese Model' of Privatizing Large Financial Institutions, with Franklin Allen, Chenyu Shan and Jun Qian (Q.J.), forthcoming European Journal of Finance.
- Why Does the Law Matter? Investor Protection and Its Effects on Investment, Finance and Growth with R. David McLean, and Tianyu Zhang, Journal of Finance, 2012, Vol 67, pp313-350.
Haskayne School of Business
Structure, Principles and Effectiveness of Insurance Regulation in the 21st Century: Insights from Canada, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, 37: 155-174: 2012 (with Mary Kelly and Darrell Leadbetter).
Signalling Sustainability Leadership: Empirical Evidence of the Value of DJSI Membership, Journal of Business Ethics. Online January, 2011 (with Michael Robinson and Stephanie Bertels).
K. J. Choi
Credit Crunches as Markov Equilibria, (with C. Azariadis), 2013, Journal of Macroeconomics 38 (Part A), Special Issue on Dynamics, Economic Growth & International Trade, 2-11.
What Ties Return Volatilities to Price Valuations and Fundamentals? with Pietro Veronesi, Journal of Political Economy , Vol. 121, No. 4 pp. 682-746, August 2013.
Why Are Banks Highly Interconnected? with Alfred Lehar, May 2013, R&R Management Science.
Real options and facilities access regulation, G. Sick and M. Cassano, Northern Finance Association 2009 Conference, September 2009.
Some important issues involving real options: An overview, G. Sick and A. Gamba, Multinational Finance Journal, 14(1/2):73–123, March/June 2010.
Equilibrium of a real options bargaining game: Evidence from natural gas, Y. Li and G. A. Sick, Annual International Real Options Conference 2010, March 2010.
Valuation of a spark spread: an LM6000 power plant, M. Cassano and G. Sick, The European Journal of Finance, pages 1–26, 2011.
Investment under uncertainty: Equilibrium between competition and cooperation, Y. Li and G. A. Sick, Annual Real Options Conference, Turku Finland, February 2011.
Forward copper price models: a kalman filter analysis, G. Sick and M. Cassano, Alberta Finance Institute Conference 2012, Annual Real Options Conference, London, 2012, June 2012.
Exercise of real development options and corporate risk measures, Y. Li and G. Sick, Annual Real Options Conference, Tokyo, 2013, February 2013.