Licensed Venues

The University of Alberta is home to many event venues. Some, like our theatres and sports stadiums, have a Class B liquor license, meaning members of the public can be served alcohol during events. Many of our venues have a Class C license, meaning alcohol service is only intended for our staff, students, alumni, and invited guests. If you don't see the campus space you wish to use for your event listed below, please contact us for more information.

There are several facilities on campus that are booked and managed by dedicated, trained staff who will assist with your event and ensure that you have the correct license in place. They may have a license that allows them to serve the alcohol to your group, or they can help you with the procedure to suspend our institutional license and obtain your own Private Special Event License. Click the links below to learn how to book one of these venues.

There are several popular event venues on campus that have a Class C (Post Secondary) "members only" liquor license. University of Alberta groups wishing to use one of the following spaces for an alcohol event will need to follow the requirements outlined under the "On-campus indoor event at unstaffed location (under Class C license) or Special Event License" section of the University of Alberta guidelines (for staff events or for student group events).

For more information on advertising rules under Class C licenses, please refer to the AGLC Handbook, section 7.2. External groups organizing an event in one of the Class C spaces above should contact us to discuss licensing options.