As a responsible owner, the University will regularly engage and collaborate with its active investment managers on matters related to environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities.
Specifically the University will:
- Integrate the consideration of ESG factors into the investment process as an additional criterion in the selection and ongoing monitoring of active investment managers.
- Regularly review and track the engagement of active investment managers with their investee companies and their proxy voting records on ESG related issues.
- Obtain and evaluate annual disclosure from all active investment managers on how ESG factors are incorporated into their investment decision making processes.
- Collaborate with other institutional investors and industry associations on ESG matters where appropriate.
- Disclose and publish a detailed listing of its investments annually, and report on ESG matters in the Investment Committee’s annual report.