Meeting the needs of now.
General gifts to the Annual Fund provide direct and immediate financial support for the current and pressing needs of students and researchers. They support scholarships, library acquisitions, the purchase of learning equipment and materials, global learning opportunities, undergraduate research programs and many other initiatives.
These types of gifts are important because they are spent during the year in which they are received and can be applied to immediate areas of need to fill gaps and enhance student experience. Pooled together their impact increases even more.
Your gift to the Annual Fund will ensure that no matter what happens over the course of the year, the university can respond so that every student has the best possible chance to succeed.
Annual Fund Impact
- 4,500 student awards and bursaries were supported by Annual Fund gifts.
- 517 varsity athletes were able to compete in non-conference play, while using top-of-the-line equipment.
- 74 students were engaged in global projects that received Annual Fund gifts. These projects addressed poverty, education, physical activity and clean drinking water in developing countries.
- $200,000 in Annual Fund gifts supported undergraduate research activities, through programming on research writing, effective scientific communication, publication of reports, ongoing student journals, and attendance at conferences, workshops and exhibitions.
- For every $200 gift designated to Library Acquisitions, another valuable book was added to the shelves of Rutherford, Cameron, Coutts, Weir or Scott Library.