*Please note: The March 11 Joint Injections Workshop has been POSTPONED. Please check back for a later date.
March 11, 2017
9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Morning location: ECHA 1-490
Afternoon location: Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic
Lunch will be provided
- Connie Lebrun, MDCM, MPE, C.C.F.P, Sports Medicine Diploma (CASEM), FACSM
Professor and Enhanced Skills Programs Director, Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
Consultant Sport Medicine Physician, Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic, University of Alberta
- Terry Defreitas, B.N., M.D., C.C.F.P., Sports Medicine Diploma (CASEM)
Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Alberta
Director of Sports Medicine, Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic, University of Alberta
- Roman Tulis, B.S., M.D., C.C.F.P.
Consultant Sports Medicine Physician, Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic, University of Alberta
During this workshop you will learn:
- How to identify patients appropriate for treatments with injections of corticosteroid or hyaluronic acid (HA), or platelet rich plasma (PRP)
- The various treatment options and indications for injections in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee
- How to identify landmarks on the knee in order to perform an appropriate injection
- How to utilize various techniques for knee injections in your practice
For more information, please contact Briana Gomes at email@example.com.
*This group learning program has been reviewed by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and is awaiting final certification by the College’s Alberta Chapter