What is your role at the GSSMC?
I serve as a clinical neuropsychologist and consult with the sports medicine physicians about sports concussions. I am also one of the team members on the Complex Concussion Team.
Do you hold any positions outside the clinic?
Associate Professor, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Alberta
What is your main area of practice?
What did you study and where?
I have a BSc, BEd, Med (School Psychology) from the University of Alberta. My Phd was completed at the University of Georgia (Clinical Neuropsychology).
Do you have any specific research interests & publications?
Research Interests: Traumatic Brain Injury and Sport Concussion.
- Mrazik, M., Brooks, B.L., Jubinville, A. L., Meeuwisse, W.H., & Emery, C.A. (2016). Psychosocial Outcomes of Sport Concussions in Youth Hockey Players. Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, 31 (4), 297-304.
- Mrazik, M. Dennison, C., Brooks, B.L., Yeates, K.O., Babul, S., & Naidu, D., (2015). The Current State of Sport Concussion Education. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 49 (24), 1548-53.
- Ritchie, L.J., Mrazik, M., Alfano, D.P., Chase, D., Comper, P., Czarnota, M., Garcia-Berrera, M.A., Iverson, G.L., Maclean, M., Mendella, P., & Williams, T.S. (2015). The role of neuropsychology in the management of youth concussion in Canada. Curr Res Concussion, 2 (1), 8 – 10.
- Mrazik, M., Perra, A., Brooks, B.L., & Naidu, D. (2014). Exploring Minor Hockey Players’ Knowledge and Attitudes Toward Concussion: Implications for Prevention. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, Epub ahead of print.
- Brooks, B.L., McKay, C., Mrazik, M., Barlow, K.M., Meeuwisse, W.H., Emery, C.A. (2013). Subjective but not objective lingering effects of multiple past concussions in adolescents. Journal of Neurotrauma, 30, 1469 – 1475.
Do you work specific days/hours?
Wednesdays with the Complex Concussion Team and Friday afternoons
Are you affiliated with any teams?
University of Alberta Varsity Athletics
What is your favourite way to stay active?
Triathlons and hiking with my family