What is your role at the GSSMC?
Knee Team Lead
Do you hold any positions outside the clinic?
- Clinical Lecturer, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alberta
- Acute Knee Injury Subcommittee co-lead, Strategic Clinical Network Knee Transformation Working Group, Alberta Bone and Joint Health Institute
What is your clinical specialty?
- Ligament Reconstruction
What did you study and where?
- Undergraduate Education - University of Alberta
- Medical School - University of Calgary
- Residency Training in Orthopaedic Surgery - University of Calgary
- Fellowship in Knee Surgery (Dr. Leo Pinczewski) - Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship in Adult Knee Reconstruction - Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto
- Fellowship in Knee Sports Medicine - Fowler Kennedy Sports Medicine Clinic, University of Western Ontario
Do you have any specific research interests & publications?
- Virtual arthroscopy using three-dimensional magnetic resonance imaging modeling for tunnel placement in arthroscopic anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
Hui C, Jaremko J; Departments of Surgery, Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging; University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- Five Year Outcomes of Simultaneous Combined High Tibial Osteotomy and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Hui C, Giffin JR, Birmingham T; Fowler Kennedy Sport Medicine Clinic; University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
- Evolving psychological responses following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and their effects on patients’ ability to return to sport
Hui C, Otto D, Kosak A; Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic; University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- Changes in weight before, during and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
Hui C, Otto D, Goodine T; Glen Sather Sports Medicine Clinic; University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
Swami VG, Mabee M, Hui C, Jaremko JL. MRI anatomy of the tibial ACL attachment and proximal epiphysis in a large population of skeletally immature knees: reference parameters for planning anatomic-physeal ACL reconstruction. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2014 Apr 22;42(7): 1644-51. [Epub ahead of print]
Swami V, Cheng-Baron J, Hui C, Thomson R, Jaremko J. Reliability of 3D localization of ACL attachments on MRI: comparison using multi-planar 2D vs. high-resolution 3D base sequences. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. 2014 Mar 21. [Epub ahead of print]
Swami VG, Mabee M, Hui C, Jaremko JL. Three-dimensional intercondylar notch volumes in a skeletally immature pediatric population: a magnetic resonance imaging-based anatomic comparison of knees with torn and intact anterior cruciate ligaments. Arthroscopy. 2013 Dec; 29(12): 1954-62.
Swami V, Cheng-Baron J, Hui C, Thomson R, Jaremko J. Reliability of estimation of pediatric ACL attachment locations from 3D knee reconstruction based on routine clinical MRI. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2013 June; 41(6): 1319-1329.
Hui C, Salmon L, Kok A, Ferguson D, Roe J, Pinczewski L. Outcome of Anatomic Transphyseal Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Tanner Stage 1 and 2 Patients with Open Physes. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012 May; 40(5): 1093-1098.
Hui C, Ben-Lulu O, Rendon J, Soever L, Gross A, Backstein D. Clinical and Patient-Reported Outcomes of Patients with Four Major Lower Extremity Arthroplasties. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2012 Apr; 27(4): 507-513.
Hui C, Salmon L, Maeno S, Roe J, Walsh W, Pinczewski L. Five-Year Comparison of Oxidized Zirconium and Cobalt-Chromium Femoral Components in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery American. 2011 Apr; 93-A(7): 624-630.
Hui C, Salmon L, Kok A, Maeno S, Linklater J, Pinczewski L. 15-year Outcome of Endoscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Patellar Tendon Autograft. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2011 Jan; 39(1): 89-98.
Hui C, Salmon L, Kok A, Williams H, Hockers N, van der Tempel W, Chana R, Pinczewski L. Long Term Survival of High Tibial Osteotomy for Medial Compartment Osteoarthritis of the Knee. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2011 Jan; 39(1): 64-70.
Maeno S, Hashimoto D, Otani T, Matsumoto K, Hui C. “The Coiling Up Procedure” – A Novel Technique for Extra-articular Arthroscopy. Arthroscopy. 2010 Nov; 26(11): 1551-5.
Hui C, Thompson SR, Giffin JR. Chapter 103 – Knee Arthritis. In: Miller MD and Thompson SR, eds. DeLee & Drez’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Textbook, 4th Ed. New York, NY: Elsevier; 2014; 1227-1242.
Pinczewski L, Salmon L, Maeno S, Hui C. Chapter 43 - Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction with Hamstring Tendons. In: Scott, WN, ed. Insall & Scott: Surgery of the Knee Textbook, 5th Ed. New York, NY: Elsevier; 2012: 393-402.