What is your role at the GSSMC?
Director of the GSSMC Shoulder Program
Do you hold any positions outside the clinic?
Assistant Clinical Professor, Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
Site Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Grey Nuns Hospital
Examiner for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2008-2013)
Founding member of Shoulder and Upper Extremity Research Group of Edmonton (SURGE)
Founding member of Joint Orthopaedic Initiative in National Trials in Shoulder Research (JOINTS) Canada, now known as Canadian Shoulder and Elbow Society (CSES)
International Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
What is you clinical specialty?
• Management of shoulder pain and dysfunction
• Recognized as a leading clinical and academic authority in the surgical management of shoulder injury in sport and the workplace
What did you study and where?
• Graduated with a Medical Degree from the University of Manitoba in 1983
• Residency in Orthopaedics at the University of Alberta in 1991
• Awarded an Orthopaedic Fellowship in Trauma in Austria
• Sport Medicine Fellowship at the Virginia Mason Clinic in Seattle, Washington