The Acute Knee Injury Clinic is a multidisciplinary clinic involving a team consisting of sports medicine and exercise physicians, orthopedic surgeons and physiotherapists whose vision is to provide timely access to appropriate care for patients with an acute knee injury.
Patients will be assessed and arrangements will be made for any of the following as deemed necessary:
- Advanced imaging (MRI is not required for referral)
- Ongoing care by a sport medicine physician
- Referral to physiotherapy
- Referral to an orthotist for bracing
- Referral to an orthopedic knee surgeon
The purpose of the clinic is to help triage patients by utilizing early diagnosis and treatment. Early rehabilitation is also provided to minimize deterioration of the knee structures after injury.