For a better world
International Week 2015 explored a better world where we can resolve conflict peacefully and constructively.
I-Week events tried to make sense of the world’s most current and pressing conflicts-- new wars in Ukraine and the Middle East and prolonged conflicts in Sudan, Afghanistan, and Syria (to name a few).
Participants considered causes, consequences and possible solutions, and devoted special attention to the plight of refugees and displaced persons.
- Gwynne Dyer, award-winning author, historian and independent journalist
- Edward Burtynsky, renowned Canadian photographer
- Jennifer Hyndman, UAlberta alumna and Director of the Centre for Refugee Studies at York University
- Obiageli Ezekwesili, former Nigerian Minister of Education and Vice President of the World Bank's Africa Division, Co-founder of Transparency International, and the driving force behind the #bringbackourgirls campaign
- Right Honourable Kim Campbell, Canada’s 19th prime minister