Chancellor Stollery's four-year term will end in June 2020. The Executive Committee of the Senate has asked that a 2019-2020 Nomination of Chancellor Joint Committee be established in accordance with the Post-Secondary Learning Act of Alberta - PSLA sections 7(1) to 7(3). The Senate will elect the Chancellor at a plenary meeting in early May 2020.
The 2019 Joint Committee membership composition, calls for "three (3) members" to be elected FROM and BY General Faculties Council.
- Nominee must be a current "statutory faculty member of General Faculties Council" (PSLA Section (24) - Elected Members of the GFC).
- Nominee must hold a GFC Term of office running concurrent to the Joint Committee Proposed Timeline (late March 2019 through April 2020).
APPLY BY: Nominations are being accepted until 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on Friday, February 8, 2019.
GFC NOMINATION/ELECTION PROCESS:
- A nominee must agree to stand for election in the event multiple nominations are received.
- The on-line nomination form may be completed and submitted by either the nominee (self-nomination) or a nominator.
- The nomination form requires a brief statement of interest (approx 150 words) outlining the nominee's interest to actively serve on the committee and a biographical sketch (approx 150 words). Nominee’s name, faculty, statement of interest and academic bio will be placed on the GFC voting ballot for election purposes.
- The nomination form must be received prior to the nomination deadline.
- The electorate consists of the statutory faculty representatives who sit on GFC on a “representation by population” basis and the appointed academic staff representatives.
Joint Committee Support and Procedures:
Please Derek.Roy-Brenneis@ualberta.ca (Office of the Chancellor and Senate)
GFC Nominations and Elections:
Please contact Ann.Hodgson@ualberta.ca (University Governance)
GFC Secretary/Manager GFC Services:
Please contact Meg.Brolley@ualberta.ca(University Governance)