Selection and Review Committees for University President, Vice-Presidents, and Faculty Deans are struck as needed at the University of Alberta. In these instances, General Faculties Council (GFC) is called upon to arrange for the nomination and election of representative(s) to populate approved committee compositions in accordance to the University of Alberta Recruitment Policy and Procedures (in UAPPOL).
For administrative details regarding decanal searches and reviews, please visit: Provost's Selection and Review Committees
GFC Nomination & Election Process:
- It's regular practice by GFC to widely distribute nomination calls to relevant campus groups (eg, faculty/academic staff, support staff, etc.) to raise awareness and encourage nominations.
- Campus-wide interest in a committee nomination call may generate a pool of multiple nominees. Dependant on the available seat(s), GFC may be required to hold an election to declare a successful candidate(s).
- Elections are administered by University Governance to voting members of GFC (as per the selection/review procedure) using the "eVote", an electronic voting application.
GFC Nominations & Elections - Current Activities:
- There are no Nomination Calls (by GFC) currently in progress.
- There are no "active" Elections (held by GFC) at this time.
View Recent Nominations Calls (by GFC) for Selection/Review Committees
View Recent Results of Elections (held by GFC) to fill Selection/Review Committees
If you have any questions related to the above GFC Nomination and Election processes, please email Ann Hodgson (University Governance) or telephone at: 780-492-1938.