The University Governance “Electronic Voting Portal (e-Vote)" successfully meets legislated requirements for voter anonymity and accessibility by increasing productivity and efficiencies to support and streamline work-flow and synergize staffing and resources. Supported by eVOTE, GFC can diligently inform and fully engage its voting membership from delivery to completion of time-dependent election processes.
- The eVote Portal is a secured, on-line voting web application accessible using any computer/mobile device with internet connection.
- Eligible GFC voting members receive detailed election announcements by email from the GFC Election Coordinator.
- Included within a GFC election announcement is a navigational link to the secured, confidential eVOTE Portal.
- Only eligible GFC voting members are assigned with login permission.
- Established voting eligibility is determined in accordance to the applicable procedure in UAPPOL.
- Voters, at times, may engage in multiple elections taking place simultaneously, and may vote accordingly.
Accessing the e-Ballot:
- GFC voters login with their university assigned CCID (and personal password) to view an active e-vote ballot.
- An e-ballot includes links to nominee biographies (prepared by each individual) and will display clear instructions on how to choose either a single or multiple candidate(s).
- By clicking the “submit” button, the voter will successfully "cast" their e-ballot.
- After successful submission, the voter will receive auto-notification (by eVote) prior to logout from the eVote portal.
- Once submitted, a voting ballot is final, and can only be submitted once per election.
- Having cast an e-ballot successfully, the voter's role and voting accessibility has concluded.