Dr. Steven Dew, Provost and Vice-President (Academic), has asked that a Selection Committee for the 2018 Henry Marshall Tory Chairs be established in accordance with university procedures as outlined in UAPPOL.
Committee Vacancies: TWO (2) Academic Staff members (from Categories A1.1, A1.6 or their counterparts in A1.5, A1.7)
Successful candidates will be elected by General Faculties Council (GFC) for a two year term of office,
Academic Staff Nomination Process
If you are an eligible academic staff member interested to serve, you are invited to complete and submit an on-line nomination form today! Individuals can self-nominate or be nominated.
||Monday, July 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM
||Member of Academic Staff (A1.1, A1.6/A1.5, A1.7)
||First meeting will occur in late July to early August 2018
||Nominee may anticipate 2-3 meetings per year over their two year term
||For committee details, please contact: Curtis Champagne (CTL)
Submission of Committee Nomination form:
- A nominee must agree to stand for election and be available throughout the process timeline.
- The online nomination form may be completed and submitted by either the nominee (self-nomination) or a nominator.
- Nomination form requires contact details, a biographical sketch (of approx.150 words) and a brief statement (of approx.150 words).
- Nominee's name, Faculty, staff category and academic bio/interest statement will be placed on the GFC voting ballot for election purposes.
- Nomination form must be received prior to the nomination deadline.
Henry Marshall Tory Chair Selection Procedure in UAPPOL
Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
Recruitment Policy (Appendix A) in UAPPOL
Definition and Categories of Academic Staff, Postdoctoral Fellows, Academic Colleagues and Excluded Academic Staff
With questions regarding:
GFC Nominations and Elections, please contact Ann.Hodgson@ualberta.ca (University Governance).