Our Directly-Elected Officers provide guidance and leadership and represent graduate students on U of A committees and councils, in addition to performing specific duties within the GSA. Council-Elected Officers play key roles in the governance of the GSA.
The management and office staff help run the GSA’s day-to-day administration and services, and support the activities of the organization as a whole. Click on the links below to view more information about specific positions.
For general inquiries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about GSA Grants, Bursaries, and Awards please e-mail email@example.com.
GSA Directly-Elected Officers
For descriptions of the portfolios of the Directly-Elected Officers, click here.
Please click here
for a list of past GSA Presidents and here
for a list of past GSA Vice-Presidents.
GSA Council-Elected Officers
- Executive Director (full-time)
- Courtney Thomas, BA & MA (University of Alberta), PhD (Yale)
- Associate Director (full-time)
- Erika Heiberg, BA (University of Alberta), MA (University of Oslo)
In addition, the GSA Accountant and GSA Financial Manager work part-time.
GSA Staff Represented by the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA)
The GSA staff facilitate the following:
- Graduate student groups
- Scheduling some 1,300 meetings a year for the Directly-Elected Officers
- Electing graduate students to over a cumulative 170 GSA and university committees through the GSA Nominating Committee
- Processing some 1,000 grants, bursaries, and awards annually
- Addressing about 1,000 inquiries at the front desk each year
- Drafting and distributing 50-plus newsletters and bulletins each year
- Planning GSA events and orientations
- Maintaining over 2,000 paper and electronic files