Eligible applicant requirements:
• A minimum of 3.5 GPA is an eligibility requirement for all applicants. The GPA will be calculated based on the current graduate program graded course work at the University of Alberta, or, if a student is newly admitted, the AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
• Students applying for a master's level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their master's program no earlier than Spring 2018.
• Students applying for a doctoral level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their doctoral program no earlier than Spring 2016. For students who transfer from a master's to a PhD program, the time spent in the master's program counts towards the time spent in the PhD.
• Students cannot receive more than a total of four years of combined Master’s/doctoral Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship funding.
• There are no citizenship restrictions on this award.
• Areas of study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nanotechnology, or Omics.
• Each candidate must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, possessing both a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nanotechnology, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research.
• For those not yet registered in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. Applicants are to contact their prospective department for information on those requirements and must apply for this competition through that department.
Additional details can be found in the 2019 Alberta Innovates GSS Program Guidelines and Handbook.
The following category of students are not eligible to apply:
• Students who accept support from Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship (Health), cannot receive simultaneous support from the Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship program.