• Candidates whose applications are forwarded to FGSR by the departments will be notified of the adjudication outcome by FGSR via the e-mail address provided on their application.
• Departments will also be notified of the adjudication outcome by FGSR.
If you receive a master's level Alberta Innovates GSS and then switch into a doctoral program, conversion of your funding to the PhD level is not guaranteed.
If you were awarded a multi-year renewal Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship:
• Ensure that you are full-time registered in the renewal year
• Ensure that you maintained a GPA of 3.5 or higher in the past year
• Submit a renewal form to FGSR 6 weeks in advance of your funding ending.
Students who have been awarded an Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship need to complete final reports.
For more information, complete eligibility and binding rules for holding Alberta Innovates GSS, please see the 2018 Alberta Innovates GSS Program Guidelines and Handbook.