An applicant must:
• Be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident;
• Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- One parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- Is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• Be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program at the University of Alberta at the year of nomination (NOTE: this includes students in undergraduate, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma, and certificate programs; FGSR only handles the graduate component of this award
• Have demonstrated leadership skills, especially in the area of disability, and/or have shown commitment to improving conditions in the lives of other Albertans.