An applicant must:
• • Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (students with a study permit (student visa) are not eligible);
• Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- was married to an Alberta resident immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies.
• Be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary program at the University of Alberta at the year of nomination (NOTE: this includes students in undergraduate, graduate, apprenticeship, diploma, and certificate programs; FGSR only handles the graduate component of this award)
• Have shown outstanding leadership, especially in the area of disability, and/or initiative to improve the lives of other people while attending a school in Alberta.
NOTE: Undergraduate applicants are to contact the Student Financial Connect directly for their deadline.