To be eligible to apply for this funding opportunity, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline;
- Be registered at an eligible Canadian institution at the time of application;
- Undertake your proposed trip abroad no earlier than the competition deadline date and you must be travelling for a minimum 3 months consecutively to qualify;
- Not hold or have held any other CGS-MSFSS during the course of your graduate studies;
- Have accepted or hold one of the following active awards: a Master's or doctoral level CGS (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) or a Vanier CGS;
- For CIHR applicants, you must be a trainee.
Please Note: PGS-level funding is ineligible for this funding (this includes SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships).
Please click through to read the full agency requirements, or contact us for more details.