The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit superior students at the
doctoral level who have the potential to contribute to the University of
Alberta's community and research.
Click on '+' to expand information.
Scholarships will be offered in increments of $5,000. The department may decide how many increments of $5,000 to offer a student.
The award value varies and is indicated in the original letter of offer.
• Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or students on a study permit
• Are admitted to a doctoral graduate degree program by the department or transferred from a master's to a doctoral degree program
• Will be registered full-time in a doctoral degree program
• Have an admission GPA of at least 3.5
1. Department nominates students to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR)
2. FGSR verifies eligibility
3. FGSR approves award
4. FGSR notifies winners directly
• Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship department Memo - 2019
• Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Nomination Form
• Doctoral Recruitment Scholarship Allocation Table
Contact the admitting department for additional information.
• For students with a May 1, 2019 start date, the deadline is March 1, 2019.
• For students with a July 1, 2019 start date, the deadline is May 1, 2019.
• For students with a September 1, 2019 start date, the deadline is July 3, 2019.
• For students with a January 1, 2020 start date, the deadline is November 1, 2019.