September 18, 2017 (23:59 Mountain Time/ 01:59 September 19 Eastern Time):
Institutional Internal Deadline: Deadline to submit your complete application package to U of A (FGSR)
Students apply through ResearchNet. A complete nomination package is described in the U of A Vanier Application Process document on this page.
Please ensure that all required transcripts for application are submitted to FGSR by the Institutional Internal Deadline:
• You must ensure that FGSR (U of A) has received all of your original, hard-copy, post-secondary transcripts (including college and CEGEP). This includes transcripts from institutions at which you took only a few courses and transcripts for partially completed degrees.
• You do not need to provide FGSR with your U of A transcript- we will generate it and provide it to Vanier.
• If international transcripts are not presented in English or French, you must also provide a certified translation
• If your transcripts include credits earned at a college or CEGEP (college of general and professional education) that have been transferred for credit, please include the college or CEGEP transcript only if the grade earned does not appear on the university transcript.
• It is your responsibility to confirm which of your transcripts are already with FGSR and which are not; if you email us to confirm this information, you must provide us with your Student ID number and a list of the transcripts/ translations you want FGSR to confirm. If FGSR has your official up-to-date transcripts, these transcripts do not need to be submitted again.
• It is your responsibility to order and ensure the timely delivery of any outstanding transcripts to FGSR before the Institutional Internal Deadline.
• IMPORTANT: Transcripts submitted to clear your Conditions of Admission may not be acceptable for Vanier purposes as they may not be up-to-date. It is your responsibility to verify whether they are acceptable with FGSR.
September 19, 2017 to October 31, 2017:
The Awards Team and Graduate Scholarship Committee reviews submitted applications and finalizes the list of applicants to be recommended to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat. Short-listed applicants are given the opportunity to finalize their applications, including working with professional editors.