Where UAlberta grad students meet the open road!
Research in a Suitcase partners with facilities across Alberta and brings the University of Alberta to their front door. We encourage grad students to think about bringing and packing the following items:
- an engaging table-top conversation piece (i.e., something to draw attention)
- some toys or colouring sheets for young kids
- images of their research
- an interactive game or activity (Do-It-Yourself)
- safe lab/office instruments for items
- a keen willingness to answer lots of questions!
Remember to engage 2- to 92-year-olds!
Time to pack your suitcase...
On October 10, 2019, Research in a Suitcase is hitting the road to go to the Town of Slave Lake. Please see below for the full itinerary:
Research in a Suitcase | Slave Lake, AB
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
||Arrive at campus and load up the van
||Drive to Slave Lake (3-hour drive)
||Arrive in Slave Lake; process to the City Hall/Library
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
|12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
||Doors open to the schools and the public
|3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
||Pack up and clean
|4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
||Drive to Edmonton (3-hour drive)
||Arrive on campus for drop-off
Please contact Charity Slobod at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.